Dr Olga Filippova
Short Course Lecturer
Since 2007 Olga has lectured Property Finance & Investment, a core 2nd year paper in the UoA's Bachelor of Property. She is originally from Kazakhstan, part of the former Soviet Union, and has a background in architecture. She has lectured property at the University of Auckland since 2005. Her other undergraduate course is Property Project (development feasibility capstone paper) while at the postgraduate level she teaches Property Research Methods and contributes to International Property Markets. She has received awards for her innovative teaching methods including online lecture delivery and the use of web-based student response systems. Olga has published her research in leading property journals. Her studies have covered the impact of earthquake-prone building policy on New Zealand office markets and numerous housing research papers on issues such as CVs and house prices, proximity to cell phone towers and premiums associated with sought-after school zones.
- BArch (KazGASA); MSLD, PhD (Texas A&M)
- Senior Lecturer in property at the University of Auckland
- Property and leasing consultant with CBRE Kazakhstan
- Publications on earthquake-prone buildings and housing markets
- UoA Business School Teaching Excellence Award 2014